President: Marcus Wagner
Vice President: Casey Derella
Secretary: Bridget Winay
The Drew Fund
SAAC raised over $1,000 for The Drew Fund by selling "DREW STRONG" bracelets
- Drew O'Donoghue, brother of Ursinus sophomore lacrosse player Pat, passed away on 2-14-14 after a year-long battle with Adrenal Cortical Cancer. In memory of Drew, a fund has been set up in his name.
- For more information on Drew's fund visit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZm0wXYzcd4
The Ursinus College Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) is an organization of student-athlete leaders who represent the best interests of the student-athlete experience at Ursinus College, within the Centennial Conference and within the NCAA Division III. SAAC is dedicated to promoting excellence in academics and athletics, sportsmanship, citizenship and volunteerism while serving a liaison function between the college’s student athletes, and the athletic administration.
SAAC intends to enhance the student-athlete experience at Ursinus College and encourages input and feedback from the student body about any issues that need to be addressed or ideas that should be considered.
Functions of SAAC:
• Promote communication between athletics, administration, faculty, student-athletes and the Ursinus community.
• Disseminate athletic department information
• Provide feedback and insight into athletic department issues.
• Generate a student-athlete voice within the campus athletic department formulation of policies.
• Build a sense of community within the athletics program involving all athletics teams.
• Solicit student-athlete responses to proposed conference and NCAA legislation.
• Organize community service efforts.
• Create a vehicle for student-athlete representation on campus-wide committees.
• Promote a positive student-athlete image on campus