Dickinson Defeats Men's Soccer

Dickinson Defeats Men's Soccer

COLLEGEVILLE, Pa. – Despite playing more than half the match a man down, the Ursinus College men's soccer team battled but Dickinson's offensive attack proved too much in a 5-1 Centennial Conference decision.

Ursinus senior Ben Amaral powered a penalty shot to the upper left corner of the net for the Bears' lone goal in the 76th minute after Dickinson was called for a hand ball in the box. The Bears (0-7-2, 0-4) showed signs of renewed energy coming out of halftime, hitting the post twice in the second session.

Less than a minute into the second half, sophomore Braden Burns hit a long shot that deflected off the post. Ursinus freshman Aiden Cooper also rung the woodwork on a short free kick.

Dickinson (6-3-1, 3-1) was led by freshman Frederick Cisse, who collected a natural hat trick.

The Red Devils came out of the gates quickly, registering two goals in the first five minutes of action. About two and half minutes into the match, Dickinson got on the board first. Ian Logan's pass found Will Flannery across the field into the box as Flannery plugged the back of the net.

Just two minutes later, Cisse gathered the ball and fired it into the lower left side of the net.

Ursinus freshman Mike Buck was issued a red card with under nine minutes left in the first half, forcing the Bears to play a man down for the rest of the match.

A dozen minutes into the second half, Cisse registered his second goal. Gathering a deflection in the box, Cisse's sneaky back heel found the lower right corner of the net.

Later in the half, Logan made a run down the right side and crossed to Cisse, who then buried his third goal of the game.

Osuman Imoro's goal in the 86th minute rounded out the scoring. Imoro tapped in what looked to be a shot just wide by Ronan Higgins.

The Red Devils took 16 shots compared to the Bears' seven.

Ursinus senior keeper Brandon Lillian, the Centennial Conference saves leader, made four saves.

Dickinson goalkeeper Frederick Meagher made one save and allowed no goals in almost 70 minutes of work. Maxwell Barrett came on for the rest of the match, saving two shots.

The Bears host Stockton Wednesday for a 7:30 p.m. non-conference match.